At On a Wick & a Prayer we want all our customers to get the best from their candles and diffusers.
Below is a list of tips and safety advice designed to help you get the best from your On a Wick product.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Do not burn candles on or near flammable materials
- Do not place in a draft
- Take action if you see excess soot; Is there a draft? Does the wick need shortening?
- Keep wick trimmed to approximately 1/4 of an inch
- Keep multiple candles at least 3 inches apart when burning
- Keep the wax pool free of any debris such as wick trimmings or used matches
- Candles with a diameter of 3 inches or more should burn over a longer period of time so that the wax becomes liquid up to the edge of the candle. This will prevent a wax wall forming around the wick, impairing the flame.
- A slight curve of the wick is appropriate. If one side of the candle becomes too low push the wick slightly to the opposite side (only if the wick is warm)
- Burn out of reach of children and pets
- Always burn on a heat proof surface
- Place your diffuser in a high traffic area where the fragrance will disperse throughout the room with air circulation.
- Flip the reeds every few days for more fragrance (do this over a protected surface to catch drips and always wash your hands afterwards)
- For a stronger scent flip the reeds more often
- Use a coaster or plate under your diffuser to keep any oil drips from damaging a precious counter top.
- When you change the oil, change the reeds. Reeds get dusty and clogged over time and lose efficiency.